Your First Visit
After you make your first appointment with My Family Dental, you may have some questions about how it will go. If you haven't been with us before, or if it's been a while since your last dentist visit, we can go over what you can expect to relieve any stress or anxiety you might have. You can fill out the new patient paperwork or update your paperwork on this website.
What should I expect at my first appointment?
Most patients schedule a dental cleaning for their first appointment unless you have a dental emergency or cosmetic treatment, like teeth whitening. For regular dental cleanings, your first visit with us will be with the hygienist It includes x-rays, periodontal charting and an oral examination by the dentist.
Once we have done the periodontal charting and established your gum health and the type of cleaning you need, we may proceed with a standard cleaning or send a pre-authorization to your insurance for a “deep cleaning” scaling and root planning.
If you have a same-day emergency, the dentist will see you immediately and will perform an oral examination and take x-rays as needed. Once we have relieved your pain and addressed your emergency, we always use the steps above to establish your oral health and may proceed with a standard cleaning if you feel up to it or will schedule it at your convenience.
Do You Offer Any Amenities?
For your entertainment and relaxation, we offer full accommodations, including TVs on the walls in every room so our patients can enjoy their favorite shows. We offer a fully stocked coffee bar. We also offer nitrous oxide (laughing gas) for our patients with anxiety. We have a treasure chest with toys for our young patients to choose from after their appointment.
Do I Need to Bring Anything?
The following items will help our dental staff complete your insurance information forms, maintain a dental record history, and begin a medical log for your patient records. If you have any of the following items, please feel free to bring them:
- If you have dental insurance, please provide your insurance card and your ID
- - Please bring any x-rays or history of dental records that have been completed by another dentist. Before your appointment, please call the other dentist to request that your x-rays and records be sent to us directly at firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 614-759-3545
- - Bring a list of current medications.
- - Let the staff know of all your medical conditions.
- - Make sure the entire staff is aware of any allergies either medications or other items.